Tuesday, May 17, 2011

June 1st is right around the corner!

A quick update of Mythik covers & content. For some reason, it really helps me to see what the end result is while I'm working. Don't tell anybody, but I even cut & pasted my thumbnail covers into the Kindle Top 10. That's right, I'm visualizing my way to success ;) Hopefully people will like the stories, too.

Okay, we've got a preliminary cover for issue #3.


And this is how the thumbnails will look:


        

I've also sent off the files for a test print of the old-fashioned dead-tree version of issue #1. Hopefully it will look sufficiently pulpy, yet readable.  With Baxter's help, I've mapped out issues 4 - 6, too.

Here's the tentative plan:

June 1 - Issue #1
July 6 - Issue #2
August 3 - Issue #3
September 7 - Issue #4
October 5 - Issue #5
October 28 - 10 Guns Against the West (Mythik Weird West Novel - crossover from characters & story in issue #2)
November 2 - Issue #6
December 14 - Secret Novel (sword & sorcery crossover from characters & story in issues #3 & #4)
Some time next year - Secret Novel (science fiction) & more Mythik Imagination

Also in there somewhere will be a graphic novel (or is it comic book?) and podiobooks. The podiobooks should come relatively soon.

There, now my vast multitude of fans know what to look forward to! Ha ha.

Hmm, I suppose I should get back to working on actual content ;)

5 comments:

  1. They look cool! I think getting that much work out there in the next six months will be great and help people find you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That's a great release reschedule that maximizes visibility in a six month period. You also have great cover art and they're all branded the same way. And most importantly, the stories sound very awesome and original. I look forward to June 1st :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everybody. After looking at that list, I had that "what have I gotten myself into" feeling ;)

    ReplyDelete